Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Finally, Mr kais blog on health care, part I

Before I get to the actual blog on health care I have to say something pre-emptively to set the stage. The big-picture function of my blog, basically, is to argue the current liberal political viewpoint from a biblical standpoint… an argument that seems almost entirely neglected. Throughout the blogs: Those who agree with me do not post (let’s dangle some juevos people!!!), and there are those who don’t agree who use this argument: Combining religion and politics is not relevant, ie. we don’t live in a “theocracy”. My message to this argument is: stop.

I agree with the sentiment that our government is (and should be) secular. But to argue from a Republican standpoint that one should not use biblical arguments to support one’s perspective on American government is profoundly, PROFOUNDLY, hypocritical. I mean, it’s just a new level, a new brand of hypocrisy. I feel like the church and the majority of Christians (who would otherwise be apolitical like Jesus) have been sucked up into the conservative mindset based on two hot-button, theological issues… regardless of (godless) economic policy. Most Christians that I know supported the war in Iraq based on these two ideologies.

So my message is this: stop. Just stop. The only reason I’m arguing liberalism biblically is to counteract the mammoth (mis)use of biblical precepts to argue conservatism. If you want to argue against my view by: using countering scriptures; attacking my interpretation of scripture; or simply arguing conservative policy from a secular standpoint (ouch, good luck with that one), then that’s fine. There is one particular blogger (hindleg that’s you) who does great with this. But arguing against my blog just because I use the bible is so contradictory coming from a conservative that I have to ask you to stop.

Level the playing field: take this silly abortion clause out of the health care reform bill: take gay marriage off the table when running for office (on both sides), then I’ll be THRILLED to close this blog and take on the easy task of arguing for liberal fiscal policy from a secular standpoint. As a business owning, non-health insured, tax-paying employer, I have a 42-gallon barrel of whoop ass to open up!!!

No comments: